Mission Accomplished – I Proved It!

by Jayne Kopp on April 15, 2011

prove it, mission accomplisehd

Ta Da!!

Mission accomplished! I was indeed, by the skin of my teeth, able to Prove It!

Prove What? (You ask)

Well, if you’ve been following my blog for the last few weeks, (or three months) you may be aware that I participated in the Prove It Challenge of 2011 put together by my good friend Heather Stevens from CleverMarketer.com.

In January Heather ‘challenged” a number of bloggers to write 70 blog posts between January 15 and April 15, 2011 – which worked out to be 5 posts per week with 2 days off. :-|

At first I wasn’t so sure I was up to it to be honest.

Not because I didn’t like the concept, but simply because I knew what a “challenge” it would be and wondered how I could weave it in amongst my regular marketing activities, family and commitments, etc, etc!

Thankfully, I thought it through, and reflected on the fact my blog certainly needed some improvement in the way of traffic, and admittedly I had become a little “loosy goosy” where posting was concerned; some weeks, I’d post a few times, other weeks maybe only once… on a bad week “nonce” LOL. :-)

After reciting my favourite Tony Robbins quote: “If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten” I chose to take on the Prove It Challenge… and a challenge it was!

At first as the ship began to sail, we were fresh, frisky and excited! None of us really knew where this would take us. For me, it was an experiment, and although I expected a few new visitors, I figured that would be about it.

Now that I’m at the end of it, this being my 70th post I am very pleased I was able to pull through and complete the challenge, but I’m also a little sentimental as well.

I can tell you another thing; I got far more than I bargained for from my participation. Let me share:

It goes without saying that it stretched me beyond what I thought I could accomplish comfortably… and sometimes it was far from easy!

I know it’s easy to ‘think’ “oh… its just a blog post – quitcher complainin”… but seriously, some days my mind couldn’t sort words no matter how hard I tried. :-|

Writing a blog post is quite time consuming too, what with performing keyword research on topic of choice, finding graphics, mapping out your post and making everything flow… not to mention fighting through any technical challenges with your blog (for me anyway) on ‘those’ days.

After writing 70 posts, I’ve definitely learned to shave a bit of time off my prepping and posting, but it’s still labour intensive in my humble opinion.

My traffic has improved beyond measure. Not only do I have visitors from within our Prove It Posse but the number of people who find me randomly through the Search Engines has increased too.

I guess it makes sense… more content, more topics= more people; but it is something I hadn’t really considered.

My comments have also increased which I guess is a no brainer. More traffic = better chance of comments and while many comments are from my new found friends plus the blog commenting forum, that once again our illusive leader Heather Stevens has formed, its very rewarding when you know you’re typing to an audience who’s glad to visit rather than to yourself!

My Alexa Ranking has also dropped tremendously and if there’s one ranking you want to ‘drop’ and not rise it’s the Alexa!

At the end of January, my worldwide ranking was 699,000 + and likely was higher in the middle of the month. As of today, it sits at 155,890 (world wide). In Canada, where I am located I started at 13,000+ , today my blog sits at 5372, and in the US I started at approx 176,000 and now reads 76,665.

One of the unforeseen benefits of joining the Prove It 2011 Challenge is all that I have learned. The amount of knowledge generously shared by all of the Incredible Prove It clan has literally made my head spin. (In a wonderful way!)

I cannot begin to imagine how long it would have taken me to learn even a fraction of what I know now, if it wasn’t for participating. So much of the information I may never have learned… after all you don’t know what you don’t know do you?

Most of all though, rankings, traffic and lessons aside, the most surprising aspect of participating is the close relationships and strong bonds that I personally feel we’ve developed.

Maybe it’s just me… but I truly feel we have become family.

In what seemed like a long time (three months from Jan 15-April 15)… it’s gone fast and we’ve all been through a lot together.

During this stretch of time, some of us have faced personal challenges, such as me losing my friend; others have faced the similar upsets, personal relationship hurdles, family issues, and so on.

Somehow it’s been perfectly acceptable to share these heartaches, and the support has been overwhelming.

If we’ve been stuck in other ways to do with blogging, marketing etc, and come to roadblocks or needed help and suggestions, all we’ve had to do is ask. In return we’ve received help and opinions from all corners of the world.

We’ve enjoyed sharing other parts of our lives too, such as celebrations, holidays, and the fun things we do.

There have been a few members who have had to step back from the challenge because it has definitely been a rigid commitment.

Some have disappeared all together, but what I’ve really appreciated the most is the fact that there has been a really strong core of us who have hung together and stuck it out to cheer one and other on. This in my opinion has provided an incredible source of encouragement and given each of us the opportunity to transform and grow together.

I am so pleased and honoured to have taken this trip with my Prove It posse, and to have been invited in the first place.

Now that I reached my 70th post, I’m surprised. I thought I’d be doing the “mashed potato” around the house, but to be honest, instead I’m feeling like I could blow through a box of kleenex just as easily! (Somebody- PLEASE Slap Me!! – As hard as you can!) :-)

You see, for the last three months, after taking my children to school, its become habit for me to come home and drop in on my ‘family’ every morning… and even on some weekends to see what’s up… or I have been greeted with a “good morning” on our ‘page’ or comment on my blog just to start the day off right.

I’ve been able to share excitement, disappointment, pride and frustration with my close family, regardless of which continent they reside.

Being involved in the prove it challenge, proves that their really is strength in numbers to put wind beneath your wings, and that building any business truly comes down to building relationships first.

I am so grateful to my Prove It Family for helping me through, cheering me on and just been wonderful human beings all the way along.

I hope we continue to keep in close touch. Since this is my 70th post and there will be others closely behind on my tail with theirs, and some of course who crossed the finish line before me, I guess we will see what April 16th brings. I hope to see you all in ‘our’ neck of the woods even though we’re done!

Thanks Heather for pushing us all Prove It!

OK… Am I the only one feeling soppy??

No related posts.

Ilka Flood April 19, 2011 at 1:01 pm

Big Congratulations! You deserve a standing ovation! Kudos for sticking it out.

Keep it up!

Ilka
Ilka Flood recently posted..What Is a QR Code and Why the Heck Should I careMy Profile

Jayne Kopp April 19, 2011 at 11:32 pm

HI Ilka, thanks so much for taking the time to pat my back! LOL… It really was quite a ‘challenge’ but I would do it again in a heartbeat! Maybe you’ll come for the ride next time?

thanks for stopping!

Rowena Bolo April 19, 2011 at 4:54 am

I am still here! =) Congratulations, Jayne for completing the challenge and for being so supportive to us, other participants as well. I so appreciate all the new friendships and connections that resulted from the challenge. Although I didn’t finish the challenge , it was definitely a stretch for me. I also love the fact that I was participating in a worldwide group, so it definitely gave me new ideas, learning, and has tremendously inspired me to keep keeping on.

I admire you, Jayne, and I know we’ll all still be keeping in touch, and visiting each other’s blog. I am sure that you are planning out your next big project. After all, it is just the beginning, and now that you finished Prove It, there’s definitely no stopping you! :-)

See you around!

- Rowena
Rowena Bolo recently posted..Three Top Reasons Why Entrepreneurs Fail Pt 2My Profile

Jayne Kopp April 19, 2011 at 11:33 pm

Hi Rowena, it was absolutely my pleasure to work with you on this challenge. I know there is more in store for us all because of this. I can feel it. It was just the bar-none best group of people. I feel we all stretched beyond our imaginations. I hope you are enjoying your holiday. BTW the admiration is mutual. Thanks so much for just being YOU!

Martin April 18, 2011 at 10:28 pm

Wow Jayne,
Break out the kleenexes for sure.
The fact of the matter is that it is not over.
It’s only just beginning right?

I too have had some similar ups and downs.
I made it about half way. However, I still feel very good about getting that far.

My Alexa ranking, though not even near as good as yours, has improved dramatically since the beginning.

Many improvements have been made, and I see many many more coming.

So, I just want to congratulate you, and say that I also feel very good to be in such a wonderful group.

You have done well!
Keep it up.
Martin
Martin recently posted..Creating Web Content That Converts Searchers To Buyers Must Answer These Five QuestionsMy Profile

Jayne Kopp April 19, 2011 at 11:35 pm

Martin – how kind of you to stop by. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you a little on this challenge. I feel so blessed beyond words that we got to hang out with such a wonderful group.

I am so pleased that your ranking dropped too and that you got many benefits from being part of it. I so admire you for going to Tailand and doing the work you do.

Thanks again Martin,… I have a feeling we’ll be seeing a lot of eachother even before the ‘next’ challenge gets underway!

Adrienne April 18, 2011 at 11:57 am

Congratulations on completing the challenge and it sounds like you were a trooper through the entire thing. I’m sorry for some of the troubles you had along the way regarding some personal issues but it really sounds like business wise, this was a great decision for you to undertake this challenge.

I wasn’t introduced to Heather until the middle of last month so there was no way I was even going to touch that one. But, I also don’t want to write 5 days a week because I’m already on a pretty tight schedule as it is. But I can definitely see the benefit if you want to get more traffic to your blog. So kuddos to you for finishing.

Have a fabulous day Jayne and congratulations on your Alexa ranking as well… That’s a BIG one!

Adrienne
Adrienne recently posted..Guest Posting- It’s Time To ParticipateMy Profile

Jayne Kopp April 18, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Thanks so much Adrienne for stopping by.

Yes the challenge was a challenge for sure e specially with the hiccups along the way, but I do believe everything happens for a reason, and perhaps other reasons for me being invited to this exercise was to keep me focused on this phase of my life.

Not to mention all the wonderful friends I have met and the things I have learned.

We don’t always know why wrenches get thrown in the works do with Adrienne, but we have to keep going and hope that one day we’ll find out!

Thanks again for taking the time to pop over.

Oliver Tausend April 17, 2011 at 4:35 am

thank you for sharing your experiences with the Prove it challenge with us. Congratulations to finishing and for being part of the hard core. For me it was similar, it was what a challenge is supposed to be: A challenge, go figure. I remember only too well that I wanted to chicken out before I got started. I am glad and grateful I didn’t – because I met some amazing people like you and many others.

Oliver Tausend recently posted..The Millionaire Mind Intensive Seminar – Undo The Brainwashing To Poverty Pt 1My Profile

Jayne Kopp April 18, 2011 at 10:05 pm

Hi Oliver, actually, I don’t know if you remember, but I told you early on that it was actually you who helped give me the mental push. I knew you were tossing the pro’s and cons around, particularly with publishing in German & English.

When I heard your post to Heather admitting that perhaps there was a part of you making excuses, I realized the same.

I am so pleased tht it was you who gave me the final shove as I have so enjoyed getting to know you.

Something tells me we’re not done here yet anyway. I have a feeling our core group will remain close and work on future things together.

See you soon… I”m anxiously awaiting Part #3

best

Samantha Bangayan April 16, 2011 at 8:44 pm

YAYY!! Reading this post makes the tough parts all worthwhile. =) I haven’t joined a challenge as of yet — it’s always been intimidating to me — but your Tony Robbins quote is a good kick in the butt. =) If I’m looking for changes, then I need to make them happen!

I completely identify with the time and effort it takes to put together a blog post. I have a hard enough time with two a week, so I really commend you for getting through this challenge and finding all these benefits on the other side. =)

Thanks for being so inspiring, Jayne! So glad we’re in touch! =)
Samantha Bangayan recently posted..A Chance Meeting with Sand AngelsMy Profile

Jayne Kopp April 18, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Hey Samantha, sorry for taking so long to respond. To be honest, I have had to take some time to re-group and get a little better organized in the way of marketing (my old routine) and things around the house! LOL… things seemed to slide a little because the challenge was so challenging.

I have to say though Samantha, that if you get the chance… and you can find the energy to really stretch yourself, the results are phenominal… and the relationships are indescribable, particularly our group. Just a wonderful experience all round.

How wonderful to meet you too as a side benefit through our forum. This is growing very well. It is exciting to see what the future may hold!

Lets keep in touch!

Stacy | Grow With Stacy April 16, 2011 at 9:27 am

Congratulations, Jayne! I know that you worked hard to finish and you did it! Great job! It’s been so great to be a part of the challenge and you’re definitely right that a big part of it has been the people and the relationships! I’m so glad to be part of the group, glad for all of the members even the ones weren’t as involved. Everyone made the group what it is!

Congratulations on the alexa ranking – that is a GREAT improvement!!

Take care,
Stacy | Grow With Stacy recently posted..Prove It Challenge- A Recap and New Game PlanMy Profile

Jayne Kopp April 18, 2011 at 10:09 pm

Hi Stacy, was it not the best group of people? Honestly what a blessing.

yes you are right, even the ones who were not able to be quite as consistent, at least we got to see them when they could make it to our neck of the woods.

It was wonderful to run with you in this!

Mavis Nong April 16, 2011 at 5:23 am

P.S. Congrats on dropping your Alexa ranking, increasing your traffic and comments etc.!!!

Mavis
Mavis Nong recently posted..Looking For a New Domain Name Save Money With GoDaddy Coupons!My Profile

Mavis Nong April 16, 2011 at 4:31 am

Oh my word, Jayne – I had to go and get some tissue ;(

What a heartwarming message! Congratulations on finishing the challenge – you did very well. You proved it! :D

I agree, it would be nice to stay in touch. Heather is just amazing, I can’t thank her enough for what she has done for us since January.

See you around, Jayne! Have a great weekend!

Mavis
Mavis Nong recently posted..CuteRank – The Smart Way to Check Your Search Engine RankingsMy Profile

Jayne Kopp April 18, 2011 at 10:11 pm

Hi Mavis, sorry I took so long to get to my comments. I have had to take a breather and get other things done in between online and offline.

I was so touched by the fact t hat it was over… and it had become such a habit to pop into our group.

something tells me we are not done yet. I have a feeling we’ll hang out regularly regardless of challenges!

Thanks Mavis,

karlene April 15, 2011 at 10:25 pm

I am ecstaticaly happy for you for achieving the Prove It challenge!!! As I journeyed with you, I know it hasn’t always been easy and yet you persevered with awesome and informative posts.

And yes, as you well know, I am one that had to put family first, yet in spite of that, you voiced my sentiments exactly on expanding our family ties. I sincerely hope too that we won’t lose contact with each other even though the challenge is over. After all, families do like to stay in contact, right?:)

Even though I didn’t finish the challenge by the due date, I feel that I have stretched and learned and grown in the blogging world way above and beyond that I thought possible. And I do not plan to stop now just because I got derailed and didn’t win. So I look forward to continuing our correspondence!

Love you my friend and wish you the best as you continue your online marketing journey! God bless you!

Karlene
karlene recently posted..Circumstances Do Not Effect the Level of Success in Your BusinessMy Profile

Jayne Kopp April 15, 2011 at 10:53 pm

Hi Karlene, thanks so much for your lovely comment.

It doesn’t matter that you didn’t finish, it only matters that you started. Nobody who has had the upsets and challenges you have lately would be expected to, or even be expected to ‘want’ to put your energy in any other place other than on your family which is exactly what you have done and rightfully so.

You really need a clear head to do a good job in this sort of thing, but most importantly you need to look after yourself and family as that is the reason we all do this in the first place.

A little time will pass and eventually pain will fade as we have been miraculously design to have this happen.

soon, you will be back amongst us as we have all agreed that we will continue to keep our Prove It family together.

I will definitely keep in touch and I did receive your message. I will touch base next week.

Until then, I look forward to working with you and having you in my life, personally and during our business growth together.

I strongly believe people come together for a reason and I believe that you, me and the rest of our clan has much more work to do together.

Take care, lots of love,

Steve Nicholas April 15, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Congratulatoins, Jayne! I noticed a couple weeks ago that you had to make a push to get to the magic number of 70, and I congratulate you on the effort and it was an honor to participate in the challenge with you.
Steve Nicholas recently posted..Thoughts on Tax DayMy Profile

Jayne Kopp April 15, 2011 at 10:56 pm

Hi Steve, thanks so much for the kind words.

The pleasure and honor was all mine to have been able to work with you and the rest of our team.

I do not think we’ll be slipping far from eachothers grips, to be honest, and starting next week I have a little something I am going to throw out there for fun. It won’t be as labour intensive though.

It certainly was a push to reach the finish line, but of course you know all about that in more ways than one!

Thanks Steve for your comments as always.

See you in a couple of days! :-)

Leanne Chesser April 15, 2011 at 7:06 pm

Congratulations, Jayne! What wonderful stats and, even more importantly, what wonderful connections!
Leanne Chesser recently posted..What to Do When Your Blogging Challenge EndsMy Profile

Jayne Kopp April 15, 2011 at 10:58 pm

Hi Leanne, thanks so much for your comment. Yes the stats have been great… until today funnily… I looked and saw they crept up my a few points! LOL…very minimal… but still (gimme a break)… right after I post the actual numbers!!

I feel our connections have been the best part and all the wonderful pieces of information and advice.

You can’t put a price on that!

Thanks Leanne, see you next week!