I Just Nominated 15 Great Bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award!

by Jayne Kopp on October 24, 2011

great bloggers, informative blogs

Versatile Blogger Fairy Godmother

It has been an honour and a privilege to have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award from my blogging buddy and wonderful friend Stacy Claflin from www.growwithstacy.com. Her informative blog can be found here.

Before I start, I would like to just run over the steps to take if you are also chosen for the Versatile Blogger Award.

The award is one that has been passed around from many great bloggers in order to broaden our circles, increase awareness and share the honor with other talented individuals.

If you choose to accept it (as I have done) and have the time, the idea is that you link back to the person who has nominated you and then choose 15 great bloggers who have influenced you during your blogging career and link to them.

Then, if you can, share 7 things about you that your readers might find interesting.

So… with all of that said, here are 7 things about me that you might not already know.

1) I am a proud mom of two wonderful children who were both later in life surprises… albeit, the best surprises I could have ever asked for.

When I’m not at my computer, you can find me on most days either ‘scootering’, skateboarding or riding my Hot Pink bike around the neighbourhood with my kids. (It was a Mothers Day Gift from my wonderful kids and significant other Johnny).

2) I have a passion for black liquorice ice cream… although not crazy about sweets normally… this is truly a weakness!

3) I am not a health nut, but I am careful and do make decent food choices. These last few weeks I have been on an Alkaline Water kick… and frankly have made it a lifestyle change.

This is fairly new to be honest, but I’ve always been a believer in drinking water… yet never liked it much.

4)Since recently making it a mission to be better hydrated, I have reaped many surprising benefits; I have become passionate about it and even built a site around my new found belief system. You can find it here!

5) I have recently started Bikram Yoga too (HOT Yoga). I quite like it to be honest although I sure didn’t at first. Since started with this new found hobby (sort of) I have toned up beyond my wildest dreams and I’m sure it’s also added new bounce in my step!

Not only that but I have found that while standing on one leg like a crazed stork… it is during these times I do my best ‘thinking’ :-) Perhaps I should have started years ago!

I will say that throughout this new experience, I also have developed an appreciation for lobsters… and what they must feel like!

6) I am a little obsessive compulsive and get stuck on kicks with certain things.

7) I am not a fashion buff; in fact I’m a jeans and T-shirt sorta gal and have a wardrobe of around 40 pairs of jeans. (yes I know it’s a bit coo coo), but perhaps this has to do with the fact that I am a horse lover and spent my earlier days mucking around with my equine friends!

Sadly, I don’t have horses anymore (They both left for ‘greener’ pastures a few years ago (separately of course) but both at ripe old ages! I miss them and love thinking back to the times when I could be fo und galloping around barrels or in a variety of western games/racing events.

Because I am known for this “jeans” quirk, I am in the middle of launching a new program all about building a business in blue jeans! Stay tuned! ;-)

With that out of the way :-) … I would now like to introduce you to fifteen great bloggers (and their informative blogs) who have made my adventure a wonderful experience.

Some of my friends listed below (in no particular order) are ‘old’ friends… not ‘age wise’ ;-) but I have had the brilliant opportunity of getting to know them during my earlier days.

Some are new found friends who resonate with me on various levels.

Because I hang in some of the same circles as Stacy… and she has chosen a few of the same folks I may have selected, I am making an effort not to double up. Instead I am choosing a few great bloggers who may not have yet received the award. After all it’s all about spreading the love… right?

I would also like to mention that I could grow the list into the hundreds… so I’ve had to draw the line! I am very fond of all my professional blogger friends. You all mean the world to me!

So here goes:

Melody Fletcher from DeliberateReceiving.com Melody has her own unique personality and is an expert on the Law of Attraction and takes a no-nonsense approach.

She has a wicked sense of humour and warm personality. I am sure you will learn many ‘straight to the point’- no beating around the bush pointers about attracting the right change into your life!

Steve Roy, Ending the Grind. Steve is an extremely talented blogger … and frankly I feel he IS versatile as he manages to maintain his popular blog while holding down a full time job (for the time being!) :-) (The job that is ;-) ) , raising a family… and frankly I’m not quite sure how he manages to do so much!

He is an excellent writer and pod-caster and you will find lots to read and ‘listen’ to on his blog.

Devesh Sharma, from Technshare and the founder of Blokube. Not only is Devesh and incredibly versatile Blogger, but he is one of the most helpful and smartest YOUNG men I know.

His site Technshare is a compilation of blogging tips and SEO strategies amongst other must have information where he blogs alongside of so many knowledgeable bloggers… all sharing nuggets of useful information He also founded Blokube which is a blogging community where many of us share and rate posts from other great bloggers from around the world. Learn more about Blokube here.

I would also like to add he has a huge heart and is a smart as a whip! He has helped me in so many ways on the techy end of things and is a saviour to not only myself but many of my blogging posse!

Janet Callaway- The Natural Networker. Janet is one of the most articulate and lovely ladies you will rub shoulders with! She also very “versatile” as she seems to be everywhere I look on the web these days. :-)

The thing I love about Janet is she has a way of adding valuable perspectives and adds shares her knowledge every single day! She is a powerhouse…I swear she eats rocket fuel for breaky!

Dahlia Valentine from That IM thing. Dahlia is also one of my friends who I haven’t seen enough of lately! She provides a wealth of Information on blogging, internet marketing, traffic generation and other passive-income earning solutions. She is a hoot to get to know and this shines through clearly in her writing style… she also has a huge heart. (Hence her last name! :-) )

Lakesha Brown (Kesha) from xdwebsolutions.com “Kesha’ is also a dear friend who is not only a talented web designer but also very savvy when it comes to online marketing. She is incredibly helpful shares a lot of helpful advice.

Fred Tracy from FredTracy.com Fred is a jolly bloke and just a hoot. You can just feel his sense of humour and warm nature.
You will thoroughly enjoy reading about Fred and his perspectives on personal development.

Karlene Miller from KarleneMiller.com– one of the warmest people I know. She does a wonderful job of managing her blog while being a busy mom to 5 children! (One is married). You can tell she is loving mom openly madly in love with her husband Marlin who she adores. Karlene and has obviously has mastered the recipe for a maintaining a deep loving relationship. I love to hear her share adoration for her family. We can all take a leaf out of her book when it comes to family first!

Heather Stephens from CleverMarketer.com. Heather is a “clever marketer” and although she might not have time to respond to this award, it’s because she is incredibly busy these days being “versatile”… not only as a mom, savvy clever marketer, and wife but also as a social media manager for Fat Wallet… amongst raising a family and managing her site and forums!

Brankica Underwood from Live-Your-Love.com. Brankica is a colourful lady with a big heart and wonderful personality. I really get a kick out of her. She has a love for animals, is married to ‘her blue eyed prince’ also one of the sharpest shooters (literally) around.

She has mastered her personal talents and has a knack for blogging and savvy marketing and sharing her knowledge freely to help you blog like a star!

Mavis Nong – AttractionMarketingOnline.com – Mavis is one of my dear friends who I met during the Clever Marketer Challenge. Mavis is a “world class’ blogger has managed to climb over the slippery slope and has picked up speed these last few months with her launch of her very own product
Underground Blogging Secrets where she shares her blogging knowledge.

She is also very generous and helpful and I know you will love and learn from her the same way I have! (And do!).

Ana Hoffman – Traffic Generation Café. – Ana is one of those people who provided so much information and assistance when I first started blogging. If you have ever met someone who will always hold a special place in your heart… Ana is that person to me.

Although I don’t see her as often as I would like, I know that whenever I need an answer… she’s got it and is ready, willing and able to provide the assistance I need just at the right time and that I am always welcome to drop by her blog and join the conversations.

Drs. Bob and Rosemary Clark from BobandRosemary.com. Well, first of all, Bob and Rosemary build their online business part time!! As busy infertility specialists working a full time job, they share tips and valuable information with those who are in similar boats holding down full time employment during the day and need to make the most our of being productive in their spare time!

Not only that but they are the most positive couple you cold meet, and have overcome a very tough challenge as Rosemary recently battled Breast Cancer… and won! (whoot-whoot… Way to go Rosemary!)

You will love the positive energy shared by this inspirational couple!

Martin Dale from Martinedalemarketing.com. Martin is also one of my very inspirational blogging friends. He currently lives in Thailand with his wife and their four children. The fourth just arrived in September.

Martin is a busy dad (obviously), a full time missionary, a Mac Training Specialist and a blogger. I am aware he is taking a break right now to catch his breath while he settles into a new home… but keep an eye on him as he is a wealth of knowledge and worth getting to know!!

April Williams http://www.aprilwilliamsonline April is such a lovely friend to have.

She is very outgoing and makes you feel as though you have known her for years. She successfully manages to build her business while raising her lovely son. She is also expecting her second child in a few months! (huge congrats April!)

I hope you will enjoy getting to know some of my friends and will enjoy reading their informative blogs.

Please feel free to participate in all of our conversations if you are first time visitors… we’d all love to have you amongst us.

gabby November 7, 2011 at 2:26 am

Hello Jayne! Congratulations for the nomination. It’s a very big accomplishment being one of versatile bloggers. You are great! Congratulations too to other nominees! Well done guys!

Atria November 2, 2011 at 8:06 pm

A big congrats to all the bloggers..I cant wait to hear the winners..Thanks for sharing..

Pj Zafra October 28, 2011 at 10:30 pm

Pretty cool what you’re doing here. Congratulations to those nominated! :D I think it’s a great list of bloggers. I know a few of them and I will check out the blogs of those I don’t know of yet. Love what you’re doing here! Keep it up! :D

Jayne Kopp November 1, 2011 at 12:00 pm

HI PJ, Thanks so much for taking the time to drop in.

It is a great idea… but it wasn’t mine! I was nominated… and passed it on. It is a nice way though to meet new people!

Thanks so much.

Leisly October 28, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Hi Jayne, this is a good idea to get more visitor to our site and make our site more popular. I just came and stopping by. Cheers..

Jayne Kopp November 1, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Thank you!

Justin | Mazzastick October 27, 2011 at 5:13 pm

I have never heard of Black licorice ice cream before but i would be willing to give it a try.

How is the alkalizing going for you? There is a market where I live where they give away free gallon jugs of alkalized water.

Jayne Kopp October 27, 2011 at 9:51 pm

Hi Justin, you must try licorice ice cream for sure!

Alkalizing is really feeling great. I am fairly ‘new’ to the habit, but I am sure the difference is real.

What a neat market… wow giving away free gallon jugs!

I do think it takes a ‘few’ gallons flowing through to get all the benefits so your body can have a few ‘clean flushes’ and it starts to balance the pH which is what makes the difference as well.

Thanks for stopping by. Where are you exactly Justin (geographically in the US)?

Dev October 27, 2011 at 7:53 am

Excellent stuff, as always. Never heard of liquorice ice cream, i think i am going to give it a try.

Thanks for including me in this list. You always know how to make my day. I really appreciate all your support.

Have a great day.

Jayne Kopp October 27, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Dev I could not possibly have considered leaving you off a list. You have my admiration… you know that. I am so impressed by everything you do for us all.

Please do try licorice ice cream. Do you think they’ll have it in your part of the world? If not, you’ll have to come for a visit and I will buy you a cone!

Adrienne October 26, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Congratulations on being nominated for this fabulous award. You wear the title well.

Loved learning more about you. Some of it I’m not surprised since I’ve gotten to know you a little more here online.

Glad to hear you are on that water kick. I went to weight watchers about 23 years ago. It was mostly for my hubby back then although I could stand to loose a few pounds myself. Sure enough, I started drinking water (yuck, no taste at all) and kicked diet cokes and lost 9 pounds my first week. Never looked back from there. It’s definitely a healthier route.

Love your list of bloggers, the majority of them I am familiar with. A few names I’ve yet to visit but thanks for sharing that with us.

Congrats again and hope you are doing really well today!

~Adrienne

Jayne Kopp October 27, 2011 at 9:56 pm

HI Adrienne, thanks so much for your nice compliment as always.

As far as the water… yes it is definitely a concerted effort to adopt the habit… but this alkaline water machine I have is the coolest thing. It has natural stones and rocks and it mineralizes the water. It reminds me of what water used to taste like before all the chlorines and other things were added.

To be honest, we are all hooked now and I cannot begin to tell you how much better I feel. (really!) I am quite surprised to be hones.

I love my list of bloggers too. I would have definitely had you on it but I noticed you had been nominated :-) . You came to mind immediately.

I wanted to spread the love to my other pals and not overwhelm you! ;-)

I hope you had a wonderful day and I look forward to seeing you soon.

Dahlia Valentine October 25, 2011 at 7:38 pm

Awwww Jayne… I was having a perfectly UNfabulous day until I saw your nomination. Thank you, thank you, thank you for adding me to your influential list. Trust me when I say, I have a big Kool Aid man smile on my face. Many “woots!” to you.

Dahlia

Jayne Kopp October 27, 2011 at 9:58 pm

How is my ‘perfectly fabulous’ friend. I have really missed you and it is my pleasure to have added you to my list. You are lovely and I love visiting your place. I have just been spread so thin lately. I do look forward to going over and giving you a visit though soon.

I am glad I was able to paint the Kool Aid smile on your beautiful face!

Fred Tracy October 25, 2011 at 12:59 pm

Aww, thanks for nominating me!

“For example, I love nature and bringing the ‘outside in’…hence my house is reflective of that and you can find river rock in just about every room. (Whole walls, clocks, plants, fish bowls)… fish BTW are also a passion and I have a matching beta in most rooms. (LOL).”

That sounds awesome. I want to do something like that. I had a bunch of fish when I was younger, but I forgot to change their water and they all died. :(

They were HUGE though. I mean, they were just goldfish, but they had to be like 8 inches long or something. It was crazy.

Jayne Kopp October 27, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Hello Fred… I am pleased to have nominated you.

Please get fish and this time look after them! :-(

I love watching my colorful friends. They all have names too… did I mention that?

Great to see you.

BTW… goldfish will grow according to their space too. I had them about the same size in an outside pond years ago…. sadly the racoons found them! :-(

Ryan Biddulph October 24, 2011 at 11:05 pm

An A list of bloggers and I luv hearing more about you Jane!

Really cool, light, fun vibe you give off…skateboarding, Yoga and oh year, I hear you on staying hydrated. 1 gallon a day in these parts.

Thanks!

RB

Jayne Kopp October 25, 2011 at 9:28 am

HI Ryan, lovely to see your smiling face! Thanks for the nice words and leaving a comment.

I try to keep going ;-) with a 7 & 8 year old I really have no choice! I love it though.

have you ever done HOT Yoga? That’s Bikrams. It’s like doing a 90 minute intense session in heat… probably like the heat you experience every day!

Yes… hydration … it’s a necessity. particularly where you live! How are things anyway? Are you enjoying your new home?

See you soon and thanks again for popping over!

Brock Blohm October 24, 2011 at 4:18 pm

First off, licorice ice cream? wow. Never heard of this before. Interesting.
Secondly, skateboarding? Seriously? That would have been the very last thing I could picture you doing. haha, funny how we stereotype so quickly, or at least I did :) .

Congrats to all the versatile bloggers! Can’t wait to hear their crazy stuff! :)

Jayne Kopp October 25, 2011 at 9:30 am

Ha ha, Brock!~ first of all, you must try Licquorice Ice Cream. You just haven’t had ice cream if you haven’t tried it! :-)

Well, with my younger kidlets… I have to keep up with them! :-) I love every minute of it too.

It is funny how you develop thoughts of what someone might enjoy doing, etc. isn’t it?

Thanks for stopping by.

Stacy October 24, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Hi Jayne!

It’s great to read your list! I’ve never tried black liquorice ice cream but I will have to give that a try. I do have a sweet tooth and that sounds quite tasty! :)

Great list of bloggers that you’ve nominated! I haven’t heard of a couple, I will have to check them out!

Jayne Kopp October 25, 2011 at 9:31 am

I Stacy, oh yes… get yourself a treat and try the liquorice ice cream. You can thank me later! :-)

I am glad I have managed to bring a couple of new bloggers to the forefront for you. Yes, do visit them!

Thanks for stopping by.

bbrian017 October 24, 2011 at 12:48 pm

Hi Jayne, great list of bloggers wow seriously! I’m very familiar with them all and know for a fact you have selected 15 top class people. I also see many of the members that made your cut are blog engage that’s awesome! I’m off to tweet and start the building blocks to some new relationships. thanks for the suggestions :)

Jayne Kopp October 25, 2011 at 9:32 am

HI Brian, thanks so much for taking the time to stop by. I know you are busy.. what with managing your great community that you have put together for us. I really appreciate you.

I appreciate your tweets and support… and hope you enjoy going to visit some of our pals!