Law of Attraction in My Life – Pretty Cool to Positively Putrid!

by Jayne Kopp on January 23, 2012

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Law of Attraction in My Life – Pretty Cool to Positively Putrid!”.

Related posts:

1. Applying the Law of Attraction Since the release of The Secret, many people are now...
  2. The Law of Cause and Effect | A Lesson for Life The Law of Cause and Effect is another one of...
  3. The 12 Universal Laws Recap | Cool or Crazy? Recently I wrote a series on the each of the...
  4. The Law of Attraction | It’s Working For You… Like It or Not! The Law of Attraction works in your life for the...

Akos Fintor May 21, 2012 at 5:27 pm

I love the feeling of having a ‘Law of Attraction’ moment…No other feeling is quite like it. It is like a cross between ESP and de ja vu :) You shared some great examples from your life! Sometimes it can be a “Ya had to be there” feeling…I could not explain it if I tried! My wife & I have had a ‘double rainbow’ effect…a few times..When it was something we both attracted…and when it hits..we both look at each other and say…”NO WAY…! Remember we were JUST talking about that!!??”.. I think of the energy that we are all made of as a sort of ‘sonar’ that emits waves created by our thoughts…I know…far out right??! Our energy is like a giant magnet that draws whatever we think right to our doorstep. If you are always thinking in the realm of the negative…that’s exactly what you’ll get….It is totally unconscious….a power we all have…but so few know how to use! Thank you for your post and sharing some of your LOAM (Law of Attraction Moments..lol)…Take care.
Akos Fintor recently posted..MLM Prospecting, MLM Recruiting | Brainwash your Buddy or Stranger in a Cool WayMy Profile

Tosin January 27, 2012 at 8:17 pm

This is an awesome piece! Reading your story when you were a kid is just something else. You must be the kind of kid that every parent would dream of. Excelllent!

Yeah, the law of attraction works. I have been involved with the law of attraction for a while and it works. Sometimes we can get into the ‘gimme-a-break-this -is-coincidental’ kinda thing but deep inside we know our inner thoughts create things on the outside.

‘The Secret’ is a cool movie and one that I recommend.

Thanks for the great read, Jayne.
Tosin

Jayne Kopp February 8, 2012 at 9:13 am

Hi Tosin, I am not sure if my parents would agree!! :-)

No, I am joking, to be honest they were always proud and supportive although they didn’t really know any different. They only had me to compare to. I have no siblings.

The LOA does work, we just have to make it work in our favour… after all it works whether we realize it or not.

I can sense you are well versed in the ‘secret’… which really isn’t a secret after all.

Lilach Bullock January 27, 2012 at 8:17 am

Jayne wow, I loved reading your story – you sure are one determined lady:)

I must admit I was the opposite at 18, I just wanted to travel the world and spent many years travelling and hopping from job to job!

It wasn’t until my late 20′s that I even contemplated having a career. What gave me the push was having my daughter and deciding from then on to work from home. People are still surprised 8 years on of the success I’ve had – but it just goes to show how a little detrermination and passion can create something awesome:)
Lilach Bullock recently posted..13 Ways To Get More Traffic From Using SlideshareMy Profile

Jayne Kopp February 8, 2012 at 9:11 am

Hi Lilach, Thanks for leaving such a great comment.

I am determined to be honest, but its funny as how when we get older we accumulate more experiences that get in the way of our focus. It’s something I have to work on daily otherwise I don’t get anywhere.

Most people at 18 don’t think about doing the things I did… and there is nothing wrong with that. I think there are always sacrifices. Most of my friends were out partying with no reponsibilities… or traveling the world.

I was saddled with a mortgage so had to keep my focus on not letting things crumble.

I don’t regret it however, I’m very lucky to live debt free in this day and age. Now it’s my time to have a little fun!!

I totally admire you on the success front. I still have some catching up to do but now the kids are in school, I am gaining some ground.

Lovely to see you

Kostas January 27, 2012 at 5:35 am

Wow, you could easily write a book with the story of your life amazing! Really anything is possible if you believe you can do it, thanks for sharing this great story of your life with all of us…
Kostas recently posted..The Benefits of Hiring a Virtual AssistantMy Profile

Jayne Kopp February 8, 2012 at 9:08 am

HI Kostas. I think we could all write a book on our life. We all have a story. It’s really the way you view it, and what you do with things that happen.

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

Warren January 26, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Reading through your story (it’s not an article, it’s a story) :)
One thing is very clear. You’re attitude is a huge part in all the successes you’ve had in life starting right from the beginning with your first house. (I know what it’s like trying to get approval without a co-signer) You’ve definitely got a great attitude!

Wishing you a ton of success in 2012
Warren recently posted..Important Points about PR ConsultancyMy Profile

Jayne Kopp February 8, 2012 at 9:07 am

HI Warren, thanks for your comment. I guess it is a bit of a story isn’t it? A long winded one at that.

It really does boil down to attitude though at the end of the day. I do believe anything is possible if we believe.

Thanks for your great comment.

Warren February 8, 2012 at 9:09 am

No, not long winded – Detailed and informative! :)

Anytime Jayne.
Warren recently posted..Why I Break These Blogging RulesMy Profile

Lesa January 26, 2012 at 1:47 pm

I have lots of examples of the LOA at work in my life, but my favorite involves my boyfriend.

I’ve been married and divorced twice (I’ll save you the details). After taking a break from dating after the second one, I got *really* clear about the kind of guy that I wanted. My “list” included characteristics that I had never actually seen expressed in a man, but I just knew they existed and I want someone who had them.

I didn’t share my list with anyone, but I did speak it out loud. And since I felt like I was asking for a lot, I added “I know this is a lot to ask for, so I am willing to wait.”

But I didn’t have to wait long… in fact, I met Jason only 6 weeks later! Oh, and I should mention, he’s 16 years my junior!! We’ve been together for nearly 3 years and are planning on marriage and children together. I honestly didn’t know that such a relationship could exist. If I had, I would have waited for it. I feel blessed and grateful every day.

Thanks for sharing your story and letting me share mine.
Lesa recently posted..When is Reposting Content on Your Blog a Bad Thing?My Profile

Jayne Kopp February 8, 2012 at 9:06 am

HI Lesa, lovely to hear about your experiences. (wow, cradle robber you!! :-) ).

I love the way you spoke aloud. I do the same. I throw everything out to the universe and it’s amazing what comes back.

Thanks for sharing your story. Lovely to know you.

Viviana January 26, 2012 at 10:13 am

Jayne, your story is wow, complete and extremely interesting. I’ve never read a blog post that is long like yours. The law of attraction is my favorite subject too. Thank you for sharing and I guess more people will believe in LOA because of your story.
Viviana recently posted..Four Steps in Target Marketing Strategies – Not Everyone is a TargetMy Profile

Jayne Kopp February 8, 2012 at 9:04 am

Hi Viviana, thanks so much for your comment. My purpose is really to encourage others to keep an open mind and not let negative thoughts get in the way of advancement.

The truth is, we can ALL put the LOA into action, and it matters not what we ‘call it’… it’s the way it is.

Srinivas Reddy | Ask Sage January 26, 2012 at 2:47 am

Hello Jayne! Thank you for letting us into your life. I feel like a little birdie perched on your shoulder from where I’ve been watching your life unfold from your teenage years. I feel like I know you for ages. :) I love your folksy way of communicating, which makes you very accessible and likable.

The arc of your life story does a splendid job of illustrating the Law of Attraction. I’ve had a similar experience with LOA. I did amazing things in my younger days simply because I believed (naively) that I could do anything. Then the magic wore off and I went thru a slump. Now, like you, I’m in the phase of conscious creation. And life’s good again!
Srinivas Reddy | Ask Sage recently posted..Disciplining TeenagersMy Profile

Jayne Kopp February 8, 2012 at 9:03 am

Hi Sage, I love the way you put it “conscious creation”… that’s exactly it.

It’s funny isn’t is, that when we are young, we do not have as much ‘clutter’ to skew our dreams. We really do have to get back into that phase because the reality is, nothing has ‘really’ changed, except the way we think.

Always lovely to see you Sage. I appreciate your fantastic comment.

Stacy January 25, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Thank you for sharing and opening your life up to us! :) You always have such interesting stories and you gave some great examples of how we attract things that come into our lives! I never saw that before I started really studying personal development but now it makes so much sense!

Thanks again for sharing!
Stacy recently posted..A Letter to the Nervous Blogger Want-to-BeMy Profile

Jayne Kopp January 25, 2012 at 8:54 pm

It really does make sense doesn’t it Stacy. Staying positive just naturally brings results. You’ll notice when I started to slide a bit… things slid too.

Thanks for stopping by. I’m going to be SO close to you this weekend. I’m going to be in Bellevue for two days, Fri and Sat. My daughters cheerleading team is performing at the Meydenbauer Center. You are in Seattle aren’t you?

Hezi January 25, 2012 at 2:59 pm

I used to not believe in personal development. I didn’t see “the secret” (in fact I haven’t seen it to this very day although I read a lot about it). And the “law of attraction” was even more hard to believe, it still is. Still, I see the power, and the results on my life, since I started using these concepts. In addition, like in your story, I am thinking on everything that I accomplished in life and I realize that everything that I have achieved is because I just knew that I can do, so as a result, I just attracted these things to me. So I am becoming a believer, and thanks for sharing your stories, because they help me strengthen my faith :)
Hezi recently posted..Online Business Budget IdeasMy Profile

Eugene January 24, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Hi Jane!
As people say, the thoughts tend to materialize. So in order to get or achieve something you have to believe in it. And believe strongly. Then you might see the Law of Attraction in action (hm, the rhyme is here)))

Jayne Kopp January 25, 2012 at 8:55 pm

LOL Eugene. You are a ‘poet and din’t Knoet” LOL.

Yes you are right though… it’s all about the belief.

thanks for stopping by.

Melody | Deliberate Receiving January 24, 2012 at 11:16 am

Wow Jane. What an awesome story. Really made me go over my own life and took me back to some great and not so great moments. I love how you’ve recognized that you attracted all of these events and how you seem to have made peace with them all. That’s awesome.

Thanks so much for sharing this!

Hugs,
Melody
Melody | Deliberate Receiving recently posted..How To Inspire SomeoneMy Profile

Jayne Kopp February 6, 2012 at 1:54 pm

HI Melody, how lovely to see you. Can U tell I’ve been behind the 8-ball these days. Just catching up on all the awesome comments.

It’s nice to sometimes go over some of our great… and not so great moments. I like reviewing sometimes. At the end of it all, I just feel so much gratitude even for the ‘not so great’.

I think you have to make peace with the disappointments otherwise you just stay stuck. I like to look at disappointments as ‘opportunities for improvement’… then I set out to make them right.

Lovely to see you girlfriend. I’ll pop over and have a look at you soon.