Would the Real Me Please Stand Up?!

by Jayne Kopp on February 29, 2012

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Would the Real Me Please Stand Up?!”.

No related posts.

Akos Fintor May 5, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Hi Jayne! I find spending time with those who know me best, helps to anchor me back to “the real me”. It is easy is this world to get caught up in what other people “want” you to be. Sometimes we get so used to playing a “role”…We don’t see out true selves disappearing! Nothing beats a reality check, from someone you can trust! I love the “action plan” idea too. Having a plan is a great way to not get overwhelmed with finding yourself. Make a “map” to find your way back to the ‘true YOU’…Thanks!

Steve Nicholas March 14, 2012 at 10:17 pm

Great post, Jayne! I sympathize with watching the Alexa ranking slowly creep up (mine went from 422K to 1.9MM). Also, I have had the time management problem ever since I started teaching, because it seems like I have had the problem of figuring out what needs to go from my schedule, and usually this means that something important gets left behind. Thank you for letting me know that there are others who are in it together.
Steve Nicholas recently posted..Not a Two-Dimensional FigureMy Profile

Jayne Kopp March 23, 2012 at 6:21 am

Hi Steve, sorry for lagging behind. There has been a pattern since the beginning of this year… been very busy completing other projects and I must say that feels good!

Yes the Alexa ranking really is unfortunate :( oh well… somethings’ gotta give when we are all busy.

As you say, we all are in this together… we got other things going on, we can always catch up on other things once we’re completely under control. :-)

Christy38 March 12, 2012 at 7:39 am

As a woman, quitting/hide with someone else is not the solution to overcome any challenges in life…. Confidence bring all of us to success and I am doing that because I want to attain the greatness of life…
Christy38 recently posted..second hand cars stroudMy Profile

Jayne Kopp March 23, 2012 at 6:22 am

Great Christy, thanks for commenting.

Tosin March 9, 2012 at 11:21 pm

Amen!

I also go through this from time to time, and sometimes wonder why I do that.

What has helped me in those situation is to step back and look at exactly why I feel that way. Is it a downline that quit? Is it some dried up leads? Is it the duplication issue?

Looking at the reason you are not as ‘high’ as you used to be is definitely a right step in the right direction. Some people just feel down and really cant place the reason and believe me when I say that trouble is lurking that way.

It also help to consciously put in some inspiring CDs: motivational stuffs or good music. I noticed that sometimes when we no longer believe ourselves that we are greater than we think, we tend to play close attention to people we respect who say same to us.

I listened to Jaime Soriano webinar in the MLSP backoffice and was really great. You should check it out sometimes.

Thanks Jayne :)
Tosin
Tosin recently posted..Blog Content Ideas: 40 Simple Ways To Never Run DryMy Profile

Jayne Kopp March 23, 2012 at 6:27 am

HI Tosin, yes pinpointing things is really key in feeling better and free. I have been slowly fixing small(ish) things on top of getting on top of others!

I have made some significant life changes recently to get back into my game. haven’t shared them here yet but might… so needless to say home has been a bit of a zoo.

I listen to motivational / uplifting material every day. I also read a lot so that really does help.

Yes, the MLMSP is very good I used to use it however, I know myself and I suck at subscription stuff. I never get out of it what I put into it.

I always did much better on my own.

best

Peter March 9, 2012 at 9:43 am

I find it refreshing to read that you’re sometimes not following your own advice. I bet there are lots of bloggers out there who don’t follow their own advice at times. I know I do. :P

I think I also know the reason why: I often write blog articles when I’m at my best, so people don’t see the not so good version of myself. The doubts one can have, etc.

Everybody is human, and I say that’s a strength. :)

–Peter
Peter recently posted..How To Make Work Breaks to Feel RefreshedMy Profile

Jayne Kopp March 23, 2012 at 6:38 am

HI Peter, aren’t I awful at being so lax on my blog. I will say however, I’ve been as busy as a “one armed paper hanger’ and I have been getting things DONE!

You are right, we are all human and we don’t always follow our advice, however I have been making many changes and getting on track.

I am feeling that I will finally get on top of things and that in itself feels great.

I think as long as we stay conscious of trying our best in everything we do, we are still further ahead than many.

Lovely to see you.

Alan Cheng March 5, 2012 at 6:21 am

I’ve been in the same situation as you. There was a time where I felt lost and didn’t know what my actual goals are. I just continued to do things that came to me and reacted to them.

I believe that is why Napoleon Hill told us to write down our statement of desire and repeat it day and night. As you say, we’re just human. So we need reminders to keep us on track.

Great post as always, Jayne.
Alan Cheng recently posted..Online Product Funnel – Maximizing Your TrafficMy Profile

Jayne Kopp March 23, 2012 at 6:40 am

Hello Alan, I have definitely been more reactive than pro active prior to these last few weeks.

I have made some very significant changes lately that I will likely write about. It hasn’t been easy on all counts to be honest, but some things just need to be addressed to shake things up a bit.
(in my case a lot).

We definitely have to follow Mr. Hill’s advice to keep our subconscious mind in check. Otherwise things just fall off the radar.

Lovely to see you Alan.

Nicole March 2, 2012 at 5:50 pm

This is a lyric from the song of Eminem! :) Sometimes it really happens that you’ll get lose track of your own self, but what matters is how you get it back.. Thanks for sharing.. Good job!
Nicole recently posted..payment protectionMy Profile

Jayne Kopp March 23, 2012 at 6:41 am

Thanks Nicole for your encouraging message. Yes as long as we can get ourselves back on track, that is the important thing.

Jamella Biegel March 2, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Hi Jayne

Good for you for realizing that you were in a slump, and more importantly, for doing something about it!

The women’s empowerment group and the mastermind group sound like good ways to keep you focused.

You know what you have to do. Now go and do it!
Jamella Biegel recently posted..iPad – yes or no?My Profile

Jayne Kopp March 23, 2012 at 6:43 am

HI Jamella, Thanks for your encouragement. The womens empowerment group is excellent and much needed in my community. The mastermind is also great inspiration and motivation.

I have known about a few ‘other’ things that have required change on the home front too, and those have been quite difficult but things are starting to turn around so it’s all good. (Thankfully).

Lovely to see you Jamella.

Warren March 2, 2012 at 11:51 am

Someone woke up ready to make some changes! :)

See you later “old you” and welcome back “new and improved”

The Mastermind group ideas is great, and sounds like you’ve got some great things planned!

I am bad at piling on too much “stuff” to do, and as you mentioned one of the best things to do in order to avoid spinning your wheels is to focus on one goal/task and complete (close down those other distractions) and then either break or move onto the next item.

See you soon.
Warren recently posted..What User Behavior Data Does Google Use to Influence Search Rankings?My Profile

Jayne Kopp March 23, 2012 at 6:46 am

HI Warren, yes indeed… hello new me! Actually I am still a work in progress but have made some really significant changes… both professionally and personally.

The personal ones have been quite difficult, hence I have had to focus on them more than my business lately. At least on the upside I am on the home stretch now and things are working out. It concerns my partner and some much needed healing I have needed to take time for and I feel like a pressure cooker where the steam is now being released so thats a positive.

I felt like a hypocrite coaching and looking like everything was tickety boo, when really things have been quite frustrating.

With all the changes, I am finally feeling like the chips are falling in the right place.

Lovely to see you Warren.

I hope your hefty goals have been accomplished.

Peppy | The Peppy Writes Chronicles March 2, 2012 at 8:56 am

Hello Jayne,

Wow, talk about a ROAR of a post! Your ending point made me laugh … maybe my problem is having “cat shaped feet”?

Jayne, once again you reach out to others through the open and honest way in which you share your thoughts, views, and feelings!

I was getting concerned that this article was leading up to your saying you were moving on to other things — Phew!

But the Women’s Group you are planning sounds neat – I would imagine there are many women who are needing your coaching expertise that do better in a “brick and mortar” … I wish the best for you in this endeavor.

Thanks for this article – it has given me a lot to think about … and then what to do with my conclusions.

I hope you’re week is ending on a good note … and have a great weekend!

Always,

Peppy
Peppy | The Peppy Writes Chronicles recently posted..My Big Ideas – Why I Need To See Things ClearlyMy Profile

Jayne Kopp March 23, 2012 at 6:56 am

Hi Peppy, thanks so much for your response. I have been busy working on other things but certainly haven’t decided to move away from my business.

I have however make some significant changes at home and have moved away from ‘some things’… one being my long time partner. I have been in desperate need of some quite time and more time with my own thoughts to recover from my divorce 7 years ago. It’s been a really tough go and I have just felt by not giving myself time it has caused me to be less effective in other parts of my life.

It’s been trying for sure, but all is ending well. Perhaps ‘ending’ is a poor way to put it, we feel things will get better once I look after ‘me’… and I wrote a post about ‘looking after yourself’ just a few days ago… and a selfish as it sounds, it has really released some of the emotion I’ve had bottled up.

I just figured being a ‘coach’ required me to follow my own advice so I had to walk through so me fears.

Lovely to see you Peppy. I hope you have been able to think a few things through.

Madonna March 1, 2012 at 6:01 pm

This is a sensational post, full of honesty and brimming with insight and wisdom. You will definitely find yourself although I don’t think the real you was ever lost. You are simply expanding your consciousness and moving to higher level of being.

Congratulations. Look forward to following you rise.

Madonna
Madonna recently posted..Glass Half EmptyMy Profile

Jayne Kopp March 23, 2012 at 6:59 am

My Madonna, thanks for such an inspiring comment.

Perhaps ‘me’ wasn’t lost but some crucial elements were for sure and I agree with the higher conciousness.

I have made some fairly hefty decisions lately and they have been a struggle, but I now feel ready to plow ahead… so I guess that is a good thing.

Thanks so much for taking time to pop over. :-)

David Leonhardt March 1, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Sounds like yore on the right path and you have a game plan. But have you found who the real you is?
David Leonhardt recently posted..Canadians continue to hold onto their cars longerMy Profile

Jayne Kopp March 1, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Hi David… I’m starting to feel more in my game just making a few simple changes. When I’m accomplishing… I feel like me.

I’ve never ‘done well’ with being loosy goosy. I’m out of myself when I’m complacent and stuck.

When I feel to be at least ‘on track’… if tend to bloom a little brighter.

Thanks for asking!

I must read why “Canadians continue to hold onto their cars longer’… being a canuck and all! :-) why have I had my Rav since 2004?? or my Beemer since 1999? Hmmm… I’ll find out later won’t I? Maybe its time for a change? ;-)

Hezi March 1, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Hi Jayne :) That’s an important step that you have decided to take. I think that from a business side, having a detailed plan of what you want to do is crucial. Waiting to see the results :)
Hezi recently posted..Why Attraction Marketing Is Important For Your MLM BusinessMy Profile

Jayne Kopp March 1, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Hezi… thanks for your comment. I actually ‘feel’ the results and difference starting to happen.

There’s nothing worse than just plodding on doing the same old, same old.

will keep you posted!

Sandy March 1, 2012 at 2:44 pm

We humans have these feelings of “I don’t care” sometimes.Luckily we get back to the old me, if not it would trully be a disaster wouldn’t it? lol.

Sandy
Sandy recently posted..How To Resize Your Photos For Free With IrfanviewMy Profile

Jayne Kopp March 23, 2012 at 7:04 am

HI Sandy, I do believe we critters do let things slide occasionally. It really is a shame and can certainly lead to a life of disaster if we don’t pull ourselves up.

I recently wrote a post about ‘looking after yourself’ and ‘putting yourself first’ and I have had to do a lot of that lately. Some things have been quite challenging but at least I am looking in the rear view mirror now and feeling that things are starting to pan out. (phew)

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I am interested in reading your post on resizing photo’s. I use Picnik right now but it’s changing over to Google… and I am not quite liking the new ‘look’… so I’ll be over to visit you at ‘your place’ in a while! :-)

Best regards

Rebecca Reddy February 29, 2012 at 8:37 pm

I surely like your action plan to get yourself back on track. Very similar to you I follow this when I find my wheels spinning: Begining with accepting myself for where I am at. I ask: Why am I striving for(your goal). What is my plan and what steps do I need to make now. How will I accomplish that/those steps. And  Who can I ask for help. I also prefer writing it on paper. I don’t know about you, but it’s great for the kinesthetic part of me.
~Becca
Rebecca Reddy recently posted..Do It Now Or ElseMy Profile

Jayne Kopp March 1, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Hi Becca… I’m a ‘kinesthetic’ person too. I ‘feel’ the difference in things more than anything and make many decisions based on this part of me.

Thanks for your encouragement. We do seem to be similar in our plan of attack.

Lovely to see you

Preciouss February 29, 2012 at 3:30 am

I can definitely relate to you…I think mine is worse…But thanks for the tips you have here for us…

Jayne Kopp March 23, 2012 at 7:05 am

HI there… I am not sure if there can be a comparison of challenges or not. We all have different things to face. Just get started on one thing at a time. You’ll be fine!